Caramelised Onion Tarte Tatin.
- 230g ready-rolled 3cm circle of puff pastry
- 50g unsalted butter
- 4 to 6 small onions, halved
- 100ml sweet sherry
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs, cut into smaller sprigs
Directions (Using the Whirlpool JetChef):
- Unroll the pastry onto a lined baking tray.
- Prick all over with a fork.
- Cook onion halves in the JetChef for 4 minutes, turning them half way through until soft and caramelised.
- Add the sherry and rosemary sprigs. Season well. Cover with foil and cook for a further 5 minutes until the onions are soft. Turn over before the next step.
- Take the pastry out of the refrigerator and drape it over the crisp plate, tucking in the edges around the softened onions.
- Bake in the JetChef for 6 minutes until golden and crips.
- Remove from the oven and cool in the pan for a few minutes before turning out carefully onto a wooden board or platter. Season and serve sliced.
Discover the new power of 6TH SENSE technology. Your extra power for perfect results, intuitively as never before.