Caribbean Chicken Curry.
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 5cm piece of root ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded
- 1 tablespoon of mild curry paste
- 400ml can of coconut milk
- 1 large mango, peeled and cut into chunks or canned litchis
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 350g long grain rice
- 130g can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 spring onions, sliced
Directions (sing the Whirlpool Induction Hob):
- Heat the oil in a medium sized saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, ginger and chilli. Cook for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes, or until sealed and lightly browned.
- Add the curry paste and cook for 1 minute, add 3/4 of the coconut milk and simmer over a moderate heat for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the mango/ litchi and coriander, and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- While the curry is cooking, prepare the rice and beans. Cook the rice as per pack instructions. Then, 5 minutes before the end of cooking, add the coconut milk and red kidney beans.
Drain and pile the rice onto individual plates, garnished with the spring onions and topped with the Caribbean chicken curry.
Discover the new power of 6TH SENSE technology. Your extra power for perfect results, intuitively as never before.