Chinese Steam Buns.
- 300g all-purpose flour
- 2 and ½ teaspoons of instant yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 150ml water
- a tiny pinch of salt
Directions (Using the Whirlpool Induction Hob):
- Prepare warm water at around 35 °C and melt the sugar.
- Mix the yeast with the water. Mix well and set aside for 5 minutes. You can also skip the sugar if you prefer.
- Place salt and flour in a large bowl. Pour the water with yeast slowly to the bowl with flour and stir with a chopstick.
- Then knead the flour into smooth and soft dough. It could be a bit sticky in the beginning, you can also use a kitchen mixer.
- Cover the bowl and let the dough rest for around 1 hour or until the dough doubles in size.
- Punch the air out of the dough.
- Roll the dough into a long log around 2 cm in diameter or any size you prefer.
- Scatter some flour on your board and cut the log into small sections.
- Brush the bottom of each bun with a bit of oil and place them in a lined steamer one by one (leave a gap in-between each bun as they will expand during steaming)
- Cover the steamer and set up in a wok with enough cold water. Rest for around 10 minutes (during summer) or 20 minutes (during winter). This is called second proofing which will allow the bun to be softer.
- Highlight the Whirlpool Induction Hob boil function, bring the water to a boil and continue to steam the buns for around 20 to 25 minutes (depending on the size of your buns).
Discover the new power of 6TH SENSE technology. Your extra power for perfect results, intuitively as never before.