Coconut Banana Fritter.
- Clean peanut or canola oil for frying
- 1 cup chopped ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut (or up to 1/2 cup, if desired)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar, for serving
Directions (Using the Whirlpool Induction Hob):
- Fill a Dutch oven or cast iron (Induction Pan) pot with a few inches of peanut or canola oil and heat on medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, stir together the bananas, flour, cornstarch, coconut, sugar, baking powder and salt, followed by the egg yolks, milk and vanilla.
- Combine the mixture using a potato masher until it becomes a thick yet viscous batter, adding more milk — tablespoon by tablespoon — as necessary.
- Using a springform ice cream scoop to form the fritters, carefully lower 4 to 5 dollops of batter into the hot oil – one at a time.
- Cook for approximately 2 to 3 minutes, flipping once, until the fritters are golden-brown.
- Remove the fritters with a slotted spoon or spider, shaking off excess oil back into the pot, and place on a paper towel-lined sheet pan to cool.
- Continue with the remaining batches, making sure to retain the same heat throughout batches.
- Let fritters cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle generously with powdered sugar and serve warm.
Discover the new power of 6TH SENSE technology. Your extra power for perfect results, intuitively as never before.