Maize Meal Crumpets.
- 90g maize meal
- 90g cake flour
- 10g (1 sachet) instant dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1\2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 250ml warm milk
- 125ml water
- Vegetable oil for frying
Directions (Using the Whirlpool Induction Hob):
- Whisk together all the ingredients except the oil, adding as much water as needed to form a pourable but not runny batter.
- Set aside for at least an hour (or overnight in the refrigerator).
- Heat about 15ml (1 tbsp) oil in a non-stick pan over moderate heat.
- Pour in small amounts of batter to form 10cm rounds.
- Cook in batches, adding oil when needed.
- Cook crumpets on one side only until holes form on top. The tops should be pale and cooked, the bottoms golden and slightly crispy.
- Serve with honey, butter and fresh fruit.
Discover the new power of 6TH SENSE technology. Your extra power for perfect results, intuitively as never before.