Spiced Potato & Pea Parathas.
- 3 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt as required
- Hot water as required
For the stuffing:
- 1/2 cup potatoes – boiled and peeled
- 1/2 cup cooked green peas
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic paste
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped onions
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped green chillies
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon aamchur
Directions (Using the Whirlpool JetChef crisp function):
- Add oil, sugar and salt to a wide bowl with whole wheat flour.
- Pour hot water into this mixture and knead until a smooth dough is formed. Pour small quantities of water at a time to avoid dough getting sticky.
- Mash cooked green peas and boiled potatoes together.
- Add the garlic paste, finely chopped onions, turmeric powder, aamchur and salt. Mix well.
- Divide dough into 12 equal sized balls.
- Roll out two balls of dough into roti’s- make sure not to make them too thin.
- Flatten potato and pea mixture onto one roti. Place the second roti on top, press and seal the edges. Roll out again.
- Place on JetChef crisp plate and cook for 3 minutes, turn and crisp for a futher 2 minutes.
- Serve hot with yoghurt and pickles.
- Repeat process with the remaining dough.
Discover the new power of 6TH SENSE technology. Your extra power for perfect results, intuitively as never before.